Friday, September 10, 2010

Hello!

Just a basic post today--I have 2 or 3 DSLR posts in the draft stage, but I'm waaay to ADD to put together anything truly worthy of being posted under that label right now. So, Tina, if you're reading this, I'm still in! I'm just having a hard time taking the incoherent reflecting and making a coherent post!

So, how about just a general "So, what's new with you, LindseyAnn?" post? OK!

Well, I'm sure anyone reading this already knows, but I rocked the FACE off of my half-marathon last week! Seriously, aside from the crazy weather, I don't know how it could have been a better experience, and I can't wait to do another one! (Well, I can, and my legs would appreciate it a lot if I did, but you get my point...). I recapped the whole experience over on my running blog, so if you're interested, check it out!

I'm still kind of getting in the swing of life in the Copper Country. It's a bit lonely, as I'm the only person I know up here that isn't a Tech student and busy with school, but I'm starting to meet people and make friends! Brandon met a Finnish exchange student through one of his classes, and we spent Monday "Copper Country cruising*" with him and his wife. Then, when Brandon had to go to his Monday night hockey, I went to a BBQ with them and met a ton of other exchange students. It was great, and the exchange students are hilarious and awesome! The four of us are also going to a soccer game tonight, so... yay, social life?
Speaking of soccer games, I went to the Tech-NMU women's soccer game the other night. I started off sitting in the midst of the Techies, which was a BIG mistake. Sorry, but I miss Wildcat sports, and I want to CHEER for my teams, so I wound up moving over by some Wildcat parents that made the trip, and they were super friendly and happy to have me join their forces. The 'Cats won 4-1 over the brand new Husky team, so that was awesome!
But, back to the relocating... adjusting to the tiny apartment we're in now has been interesting, as has adjusting from being long distance to live-in. All in all, it is going well, but I think I'll feel better overall once subbing picks up and I am not here by myself as much. I am, however, returning to the Marquette area for a week coming up here to cover a week long subbing gig back at GHS! I'm kind of excited to get back to "my" old school and see everyone again.

So, yeah, that's what's new and good up here! :)
Have fun, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment