Thursday, September 2, 2010

30 Days, Day 2

Good Morning!

It is so easy, especially as a woman, to hate your body. Society gives us umpteen reasons why we should want to change, and we're constantly bombarded with those images. But, what if we all took 5 minutes and looked beyond what we're told we should change and celebrate what is awesome about what is there?

So, I'm going to talk about 3 things that I have been teased about in the past, remove the stigmas placed on them by others, and thank them for what they do.

To start, I love my feet. OK, OK, so I hate feet as a whole, and I will flip if you try to touch mine (ask my boyfriend, he'll confirm this!) But, at the end of the day, I do love them. They've carried me thousands of miles, through countless marching band rehearsals and games, through races, on walks, hikes, and adventures. They're big, but I guess I need something big to stand on, eh? Thank you, feet!
I love my legs. In conjunction with my feet, they got me through all the aforementioned activities. They're short, they're a bit stocky, but you know what? They're STRONG. There are muscles there that you wouldn't believe! So, so what if I have to buy a size 9 jean sometimes? I'd rather have those muscles to get me around than be able to buy size 0's. Thank you, legs!
Lastly, I love my nose. Honestly, I think my nose is perfect in every physical and aesthetic way. But, I have another reason: I have a crazy sense of smell, and honestly? I attribute 99% of my memories with a smell. For example: Warm Vanilla Sugar perfume? Summer 2003, the summer before college and probably one of if not THE best summer of my life. Whenever I think about high school, I smell hot dogs and popcorn, and the football games I went to and played in the band. To some extent, college as well, but the memory smell also includes that unique aroma of the Superior Dome. The smell of water and boat exhaust reminds me of days at the lake. Bonfire will forever and always take me back to Good Harbor in high school or the Bog in college. You get my drift. For that reason, I love my nose. Thank you, nose!

That's it for today! :) Take some time to thank your body for what it does for you!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to be able to buy size 9 jeans. I rejoice that I have a pair of size 11s that are either really stretchy or mislabeled, because they fit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite blog entries I've ever read. It's beautiful (and refers to what I consider to be aesthetically beautiful as well), it's inspiring, and it's adorable. Good game, friend.

    ReplyDelete